Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dry Spell

Nearly two weeks without working out is a travesty for those who live with me. They are virtually begging me to get out and run - kick, punch - ANYTHING to break the tension that builds so insidiously when I sit around too much.

Of course, my sitting around has been due to illness - flu like symptoms followed by nasty sinus infection. So I'm not indulging in sheer laziness. I am attempting to be responsible and let my body heal......which, for me, shows true maturity. My body seems to be recovering nicely from the disease, if only it could stomach the antibiotic medicine! Sheesh! But I'm ever hopeful (as are my poor children) that I can hit the gym by Monday.

I still can't jog much without pain - and may never get to again - so I'm searching for ways to run my dog without running. Today I tried the scooter. Easy enough, right? Well, I haven't ridden a scooter for over a mile before and, surprisingly, it was rather tough on the legs. Rusty was fine with it......that is, he only almost pulled me over once. He learns quickly! And the scooter did get him running. He ran his little legs off for a mile or so, flopped down exhausted at home, and then was up ready to go again in about an hour. Who knew I had a Sheltie powered by Energizer?

Exercise is good - okay, exercise is GREAT - but so is good health. Here's to both for all of us! Take your vitamin C ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger The Four Week Vegan said...

You know I am not a big time exerciser like you, but maybe one day. Anyway, I have not done my walk since Monday and boy do I miss it too. It is a great way to start my day. That Rusty is one super dog - so glad you have him. Here is to wellness.

February 6, 2009 at 6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home