Monday, November 24, 2008

Surgery Complete!!

Ahhhh....so glad it is over. Gotta say, though, of all the surgeries I've had this was by FAR the best - no nausea, virtually no pain (yet!). It is all good.

The surgeon just called to give me the blow by blow - the good news is the tear was discreet, necessitating removing only about half of the medial meniscus material. That leaves me with a lot of cartilage to run on, and great insurance against arthritis.

Starting tomorrow I have to use my passive motion machine for six hours a day (that's a lot of time in bed, for sure) but I also get to walk for 10 minutes every hour. The best part is my cats are all doting on me - well, the kitten keeps trying to type, but the rest of them are cuddling up with me. I never get to lie in bed, so the cat part is a treat.

If you ever need a orthopedic surgeon, I highly recommend Dr Mikulak of California Orthopaedic Associates! The drive to Newport Beach is completely worth it!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Four Week Vegan said...

Aww love that the cats are keeping you company. Sounds like the surgery went really really well.

November 25, 2008 at 7:03 AM  
Blogger Bobbie42 said...

Theresa, you rock - you ARE Sarah Conner! You stay tough & keep on going. Great job, you!

November 25, 2008 at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home