Tagged?? 7 Random things eh? Be careful what you ask for!
TooManyHats tagged me - which I *think* means I need to blog seven random things about myself. Not sure I'm nearly as interesting as she is (especially since she can remember everything!!) but here goes.......
1) I went to my high school prom in a hearse. Yes, a hearse. My boyfriend and I even had a small limo business with that hearse while we were in high school. We put seats and a stereo in the back and drove people around for $. We did fortieth birthdays and college kids. Not a recommended job for a teenager. Put it this way, we saw much more than teens should see - and the non money tips were, um, not appropriate. Never the less, my boyfriend's dad drove us to dinner and to our prom in our hearse. Unfortunately, my own teenager thinks this fact is totally cool......
2) This isn't totally random, but I love MMA (for the uninitiated, that stands for Mixed Martial Arts) - love watching it and doing it. Really girly, huh? LOL
3) I love animals and have rescued many - including a crow, a robin, catfish, and most strangely, a baby bat. When I was a kid I used to want to keep a hippo. Go figure!
4) My favorite food is a good spinach salad. This fact makes my kids groan when my birthday comes around cuz it ain't their favorite, believe me! Course, I also love a good molasses cookie!
5) I danced ballet/tap/jazz in a performing dance troupe from the age of 8 until I was 14. I've danced almost every dance in the Nutcracker. I was Petroushka. My most memorable performance happened in the Seattle Opera House during the Nutcracker - my costume ripped and I became a burlesque dancer by mistake. The real catcher is that when I gracefully exited the stage I got yelled at for leaving! Sheesh! That was the end of dance performance for me!
6) I enjoy playing cribbage. My father taught me how to play when I was a kid. Maybe that is why I can't add past fifteen?? LOL
7) I was a band groupie as a teen. I learned a little piano, but played the alto and bari saxophone and well as the bassoon in school. I even played a little bass guitar. But I dated a drummer....then another drummer...then a bassist..... You get the picture. I grew up in Seattle during the Grunge era - so Nirvana, Soundgarden, Love and Rockets and the like were all playing small venues and I loved a live band! We would even watch some in parking garages. True 'garage bands' where they'd find electric outlets to hook up to and play until the security guards came and kicked us out. My closest brush with fame was that I dated the bass player from Love Battery (the original Love Battery). Some claim to fame, huh? He taught me how to operate a 35mm camera and develop film.......but I reminded him of his dead girlfriend, so it just didn't work out :-)
Okay......just remember, you asked!
Since I am not nearly as well connected as TooManyHats, I am not sure who to tap next. So, if you are reading this, consider yourself tagged!
1) I went to my high school prom in a hearse. Yes, a hearse. My boyfriend and I even had a small limo business with that hearse while we were in high school. We put seats and a stereo in the back and drove people around for $. We did fortieth birthdays and college kids. Not a recommended job for a teenager. Put it this way, we saw much more than teens should see - and the non money tips were, um, not appropriate. Never the less, my boyfriend's dad drove us to dinner and to our prom in our hearse. Unfortunately, my own teenager thinks this fact is totally cool......
2) This isn't totally random, but I love MMA (for the uninitiated, that stands for Mixed Martial Arts) - love watching it and doing it. Really girly, huh? LOL
3) I love animals and have rescued many - including a crow, a robin, catfish, and most strangely, a baby bat. When I was a kid I used to want to keep a hippo. Go figure!
4) My favorite food is a good spinach salad. This fact makes my kids groan when my birthday comes around cuz it ain't their favorite, believe me! Course, I also love a good molasses cookie!
5) I danced ballet/tap/jazz in a performing dance troupe from the age of 8 until I was 14. I've danced almost every dance in the Nutcracker. I was Petroushka. My most memorable performance happened in the Seattle Opera House during the Nutcracker - my costume ripped and I became a burlesque dancer by mistake. The real catcher is that when I gracefully exited the stage I got yelled at for leaving! Sheesh! That was the end of dance performance for me!
6) I enjoy playing cribbage. My father taught me how to play when I was a kid. Maybe that is why I can't add past fifteen?? LOL
7) I was a band groupie as a teen. I learned a little piano, but played the alto and bari saxophone and well as the bassoon in school. I even played a little bass guitar. But I dated a drummer....then another drummer...then a bassist..... You get the picture. I grew up in Seattle during the Grunge era - so Nirvana, Soundgarden, Love and Rockets and the like were all playing small venues and I loved a live band! We would even watch some in parking garages. True 'garage bands' where they'd find electric outlets to hook up to and play until the security guards came and kicked us out. My closest brush with fame was that I dated the bass player from Love Battery (the original Love Battery). Some claim to fame, huh? He taught me how to operate a 35mm camera and develop film.......but I reminded him of his dead girlfriend, so it just didn't work out :-)
Okay......just remember, you asked!
Since I am not nearly as well connected as TooManyHats, I am not sure who to tap next. So, if you are reading this, consider yourself tagged!


1 Comments:
Super job!!! I remember you telling me about your hearse business, there's that memory again, and I think it is so cool. A baby bat - wow - you should have been a vet.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home