Saturday, August 2, 2008

Fishing is good for the soul, part 3

Quote of the Day: "The hands of Fate keep time on a heart-shaped watch." -Harkat Mulds, Saga of Darren Shan.

Well, quite frankly, I am shocked. I thought Dominic would want to tell the big news for sure. But no one but me seems to take an interest in this blog at all (though Mom has an excuse). It'll just be MY blog soon, and I'll have to change the name to - you guessed it - Fishing Is Good For The Soul.

Anyway... the big news! Weeeeell........ Dominic and I tested for out red belts last night!!! We had pretty good tests too. Our only homework was WEIRD... we're supposed to watch "Batman: The Dark Knight". How bizarre is that? Of course, we won't.

OTHER than that, the test was exellent. I was a little nervous at first - it is a red belt, after all - but once I got over that I was fine. Our breaking board technique was spinning hook kick - one of the hardest kicks I know. I *almost* kicked the black belt who was holding the board in the head while attempting it, but I missed him by inches. Phew!

It must have been a lucky night, because I saw a shooting star at about ten o'clock. I wished for inspiration, and twenty minutes later I got an idea for my story! I guess shooting stars really are magic. I don't want to give the idea away, but I have a good friend named Emma who may or may not read this. I want her mom to know that I was thinking of her last night, and she has a key part in the story.

I'm going to camp for a week starting Wednesday, so we went shopping for everything I need today. I was lucky that Mom took me - imagine what DAD would have bought! It was torture, but I'm glad I have everything. Camp will be a blast!

That's all for today, except for I now know what I'll be for Halloween: EDWARD CULLEN. For those of you who don't know, he's from Twilight. It'll be easy... I'll look like a sparkly demented clown. If not, I'll be Darth C-3PO.

See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home