Fishing is good for the soul, part 4
Quote of the day: "Get the guns and the C4 from the bathroom under the toilet paper". -Sarah Connor Chronicles
I'm ba-ack! Camp was amazingly fun! I made seven great friends who I love: Rachel, Daisy, Rhianna, Stephanie, Brittney, Jillian, and Sara. I learned to make bracelets out of yarn, went kayaking canoing and rock climbing... I even braved a sock hop! Almost the whole week was a blast!
Note that "almost"... I still have the epic tale of THE LION HIKE OF DOOM!!! You see, there's a mountain in camp known as Lion that we'd decided to climb. Little did we know what we were in for...
It was originally going to be an overnight hike, but plans were changed and instead we had to wake up at 4:30 in the morning to get an early start! I now know why no one wants to be a vampire. The sun wasn't up yet, and it was FREEZING cold! I was wearing jeans and two sweatshirts, and it still didn't help. Regardless of the cold, we began climbing the mountain...
The two camp councellors, Figgie and Swoosh (camp names), were overly cheerful. Figgie even talked to the trail: "Oh yeah, fourth bend? You thought you were so tough? Huh? Well, we beat you! Ha! Are you ready, fifth bend? You're nothing!" Before the sun rose. There is something seriously wrong with that woman.
We reached the midpoint in record time, just as the sun rose. Before, the fastest someone had gotten to that point was an hour and twenty minutes, but we got there in an hour and fifteen minutes! W00T! I was happy at that point, but the worst was yet to come. Now that the sun had risen, it got very hot very fast. It was 90 degrees within a half hour. Unfortunately, water supply was limited and we had to wear jeans.
THEN, we lost the trail. We had to bushwhack for the last few miles. NOT very easy. My friend Brittney fell on her behind eight times. When we got to the top, though, it was worth it. The view was so beautiful, I just HAD to take a picture. Unfortunately, I then DROPPED THE CAMERA! So much for all the photos I'd taken!
We stayed up there for a long time. You see, Figgie had decided to look for a new trail down rather than bushwhack again. She came back from her search excited, for she thought she was successful. We thought so too - but it turned out her "trail" wasn't a trail at all! We had to bushwhack again and wandered around lost for 2 and a half hours. To pass the time, the other girls started talking incessantly about a book I happen to hate. Figgie was still very cheerful, it had gotten a lot hotter, and water was running out fast.
Finally we found ourselves at the TOP of the original trail. Figgie suddenly turned from super-happy to super-grumpy. We weren't allowed to ask what time it was or to ask for water breaks, and if we talked at all she got snippy. To compensate, Swoosh tried to cheer us up - but she did it all wrong. She decided to sing the aardvarc song, which only annoyed us.
THE AARDVARK SONG sung to the tune of "Yankee Doodle"
Aardvarks are my friends aardvarks
Are my friends aardvarks are my friends
Aardvarks are my friends aardvarks
Are my friends aardvarks are my friends
Aardvarks are my friends aardvarks
Are my friends aardvarks are my friends
Aardvarks are my friends aardvarks
Are my friends aardvarks are my friends!
Then we ran out of water. Yes, it was lovely. So, that's my epic tale! See you soon!
I'm ba-ack! Camp was amazingly fun! I made seven great friends who I love: Rachel, Daisy, Rhianna, Stephanie, Brittney, Jillian, and Sara. I learned to make bracelets out of yarn, went kayaking canoing and rock climbing... I even braved a sock hop! Almost the whole week was a blast!
Note that "almost"... I still have the epic tale of THE LION HIKE OF DOOM!!! You see, there's a mountain in camp known as Lion that we'd decided to climb. Little did we know what we were in for...
It was originally going to be an overnight hike, but plans were changed and instead we had to wake up at 4:30 in the morning to get an early start! I now know why no one wants to be a vampire. The sun wasn't up yet, and it was FREEZING cold! I was wearing jeans and two sweatshirts, and it still didn't help. Regardless of the cold, we began climbing the mountain...
The two camp councellors, Figgie and Swoosh (camp names), were overly cheerful. Figgie even talked to the trail: "Oh yeah, fourth bend? You thought you were so tough? Huh? Well, we beat you! Ha! Are you ready, fifth bend? You're nothing!" Before the sun rose. There is something seriously wrong with that woman.
We reached the midpoint in record time, just as the sun rose. Before, the fastest someone had gotten to that point was an hour and twenty minutes, but we got there in an hour and fifteen minutes! W00T! I was happy at that point, but the worst was yet to come. Now that the sun had risen, it got very hot very fast. It was 90 degrees within a half hour. Unfortunately, water supply was limited and we had to wear jeans.
THEN, we lost the trail. We had to bushwhack for the last few miles. NOT very easy. My friend Brittney fell on her behind eight times. When we got to the top, though, it was worth it. The view was so beautiful, I just HAD to take a picture. Unfortunately, I then DROPPED THE CAMERA! So much for all the photos I'd taken!
We stayed up there for a long time. You see, Figgie had decided to look for a new trail down rather than bushwhack again. She came back from her search excited, for she thought she was successful. We thought so too - but it turned out her "trail" wasn't a trail at all! We had to bushwhack again and wandered around lost for 2 and a half hours. To pass the time, the other girls started talking incessantly about a book I happen to hate. Figgie was still very cheerful, it had gotten a lot hotter, and water was running out fast.
Finally we found ourselves at the TOP of the original trail. Figgie suddenly turned from super-happy to super-grumpy. We weren't allowed to ask what time it was or to ask for water breaks, and if we talked at all she got snippy. To compensate, Swoosh tried to cheer us up - but she did it all wrong. She decided to sing the aardvarc song, which only annoyed us.
THE AARDVARK SONG sung to the tune of "Yankee Doodle"
Aardvarks are my friends aardvarks
Are my friends aardvarks are my friends
Aardvarks are my friends aardvarks
Are my friends aardvarks are my friends
Aardvarks are my friends aardvarks
Are my friends aardvarks are my friends
Aardvarks are my friends aardvarks
Are my friends aardvarks are my friends!
Then we ran out of water. Yes, it was lovely. So, that's my epic tale! See you soon!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home